Well autumn has arrived! We’ve had more rain in the first few days of October than we usually do for the month, and chilly mornings are on their way – the kind of weather that puts you in mind of bowls of soup from your plentiful harvests.
Remember that the clocks go back an hour at the end of this month, so grab every minute of daylight on the allotment that you can before the dark days of winter are upon us. Enjoy the fruits of your labour!
The pandemic has been challenging for everyone, but there has been a real buzz at the allotments, with lots of new and old plot holders making the most of this year’s good weather and the extra time that they have had. It’s been great to see the progress everyone has made. Unfortunately as the covid chaos continues, and numbers rise, we need to do everything we can to keep everyone safe. Please do continue to observe the restrictions that we have had to implement:
● Come if you are self isolating or have any symptoms (a cough, short of breath, have a fever or a change of taste or smell.)
● Go on other people’s plots at any time.
● Come and tend your plot (if you’re healthy) alone or with members of your household.
● Keep your distance from other plot holders (a minimum of two metres or the length of a six foot bamboo cane.)
● Use hose pipes to fill your water butts but do not use them to water your plot!
● Wash or sanitise your hands before and after using gates at the allotment.